Indications/Uses: Treatment of symptoms related to menopause (hot flushes, excessive sweating, urinary symptoms, dryness of the vagina, etc) and the prevention of postmenopausal bone loss.
Dosage/Direction for Use
- For cutaneous application only. Start with ½ ruler (1.25 g) and slowly increase to 1 ruler (2.5 g) daily.
- The average dose is 1 ruler/day, for 24-28 days every month.
- The doctor may prescribe a slightly different regimen adapted to a patient’s own individual case.
- If the doctor associates Oestrogel with another hormone treatment (progestogen) for at least the last 12 days of the course of treatment, this should not be forgotten.
- Vaginal bleeding reminiscent of menstrual flow may occur during the period of treatment interruption.
- Such bleeding is normal and minor.
- If abundant or irregular bleeding occurs, consult a doctor.
- Transdermic Route: The application is made over a wide area of clean skin (arms, the upper part of the buttocks, the lower part of the abdomen, the lumbar region, the upper part of the thighs, etc.)
- The gel should not be applied over the breast or mucous membranes.
- It is not necessary to massage Oestrogel into the skin. The gel does not stain.
- The application may be made at any time, in the morning or the evening. The duration of treatment is from between 24-28 days/month.
- If the Patient Forgets to Use Oestrogel: Do not take a double dose to make up for forgotten individual doses. Start treatment again at the originally prescribed dose.